Are meeting tips from the past still relevant?
Well, we think so. Let’s look at ‘Old world – New world’.
- Book meeting room – Book the web conference call.
- Confirm meeting location – Have the right login and password details.
- Know the start time and get there early – Avoid that frantic login.
- Is the meeting room clean? – What will your camera show in the background?
- Look the part – Pyjamas may not be the lasting impression you wish to make.
- An agenda helps to give structure – Works in both worlds.
- Maintain etiquette – It may be wise not to relax too much for some audiences.
- Take minutes – Take notes or record.
- Follow up your promises with action, essential in both worlds.
Consider updating your meeting skills; it will lead to more effective web conferencing.