This week we share one of our glossary definitions.
Stakeholder – An Individual or party with a vested interest in something, such as a business, product, project or opportunity.
In sales and bids terms a stakeholder could be
- The customer
- Consultants managing a bid on the customer’s behalf
- The end-users
- Your suppliers
- Staff, contractors and consultant’s you employee
Good stakeholder understanding and management improves your chances of success; resulting in an improved outcome for all stakeholders.
Consider the stakeholders:-
- Who are they?
- What are their aspirations?
- What needs you they have?
- Are you dependant on them?
- How do you communicate with them?
- What is the quality of your relationship?
- Can you influence them?
- Are your visions and values compatible?
If you have any ideas for future definitions, please drop us a message.